Your first visit will give you the opportunity to meet our team, get acquainted with our office, and learn a little about orthodontic treatment.
The initial consultation will help us create a customized plan to help you reach your goals with the treatment that is optimal for your smile.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well. See our Help Guide on How To Choose an Orthodontist.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
If needed, we will schedule a follow up conference to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card
Also take a minute to print and fill out the patient information form before your first appointment: